Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Week 7 EOC: Tell me about your career goals

I've always had career goals. That was the reason I even considered going to college. I knew what I wanted to do and needed a way to get there. Going to school has given me the opportunity to get closer to what I want to achieve. Before I knew much about the industry I wanted to be in, I thought that my career goal was going to be easy to achieve. It wasn't until I started getting more knowledge and actually working in the industry, that I saw that it might take longer than what I thought. That didn't stop me though, I'm still sticking to what I want to achieve and I'm planning on working until I reach that goal. Right now, I'm at the bottom of my industry. I have some experience but I don't have what I need to do what I want. I am however, in the same line of work as it. I'm doing the grunt work right now but that 's what I need to do in order to get to where I want to. My current goal is to be a live sound engineer and right now I'm just a stagehand. I want to be able to run a mixing console during a concert, instead of just setting up all the equipment and stage for it. I'm not there but I'm close and I'll continue to do what I need to do in my current job to get the experience to be able to reach my goal. Before even attending school, I knew this was my goal and it has stayed consistent throughout the years. I am willing to take any job opportunity that will make me come closer to my goal and I will use this to evaluate my next job opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment