Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Week 8 EOC: Professional Organizations

To stay up to date with what's happening in my industry, there are a couple of organizations and conventions I could be a part of to continue to learn and to network.

1. Consumer Electronic Show (CES) - This is a big convention to attend. It showcases some of the new technology and products that will be available to the public in the near future. And since it is in Las Vegas, it is cheaper and convenient for me.

2. National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) - This is another a big convention, also held in Las Vegas, that showcases the new technology and products that the entertainment industry will use. My major is a huge part of the entertainment industry so it's logical that this should be a convention to attend.

3. National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) - This is a convention that is held in Anaheim, California where new products for music making are showcased. Music being the thing that drove me to pursue my major, this is a show I should be attending.

4. 48 Hour Film Festival - This festival is one where a film is created from scratch in 48 hours. Having helped on a small part of a project for this festival once, I see what it means to work in a team. This festival is fun and challenging at the same time but it could give me lots of experience and networking opportunities.

5. Audio Engineer Society (AES) - This organization is a must for me. It is an organization just for audio people from all over the world and can provide me with a lot of knowledge and resources. It has also been around for a long time and that shows that it is an organization that is worth being a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment